Compelligence SW, Compelligence's Software as a Service (SaaS) offering, combines over 4 years of customer feedback with more than 30 years’ collective practitioner experience to bring you the Competitive Intelligence Platform.
What is an Competitive Intelligence Platform?
Tech blogger Jonathan Clarks states that it is much more important to think of a platform as a business framework.
By this I mean a framework that allows multiple business models to be built and supported. For instance, Amazon is an online retail framework. Facebook is a social media framework. Apple iTunes is an online micropayment framework.
A Competitive Intelligence Platform is a ‘must’ for modern CI teams.
A Competitive Intelligence Platform must provide a business framework that supports multiple business models.
From a single platform, analysts must be able to provide separate intelligence product sets for each of sales, marketing, product management, and executives. A great system will integrate with other enterprise class solutions such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft Active Directory in support of IT best practices and policies. In addition, it will deliver value autonomously, in multiple areas, to greatly increase the productivity of the user or team.
What a platform is not
- A news dashboard or application.
- A software application that supports only a single company’s professional services.
- A discovery system that requires manual categorization, limiting the productivity gains of the user or the team.
With Compelligence SW we believe we have achieved something that may be an intelligence industry-first: A Competitive Intelligence Enterprise Platform.
Compelligence 2016 supports
- A deep integration with Salesforce.com delivering automated intelligence to Sales organizations, which greatly increases the reach and effectiveness of the intelligence organization.
- SSO capability so that no users must be added to the application manually. This makes integration into centralized intranets, such as SharePoint, clean and easy.
- Automated news scanning with autonomous intelligence and proprietary relevancy and sentiment algorithms.
- A new user interface that supports the business processes of users – this is not your grandfather’s database
- A Win / Loss solution that enables Intelligence teams to collect from their field and then easily support the field with their own ‘field voice’.
- Automatic identification and classification of competitor events, which aids in analysis such as feature velocity and product release schedules.
- Integrated project management platform to support the modern virtual team.
…and much more. All delivered from the cloud (SaaS) which mean no installation and maintenance.
Why did we build this?
Like you, we were practitioners. Prior to Compelligence, we were inefficiently trying to piece together solutions using Microsoft tools, intranets, Salesforce.com, Marketo, and others. We found that all our competitive applications were lacking the connections required to both build and delivery intelligence.
Because there were no good existing intelligence platforms, we built one…
The difference between Compelligence and other vendors is that we didn’t have a theory or idea for software first and then hoped it helped CI professionals.
We were the practitioners. And needed a new software solution.